- 2.5 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place wet ingredients into a small bowl. Place dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, cream unsalted butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down your bowl.
- Add vanilla and one egg at time. Scrape bowl again.
- Add dry ingredients in 2 increments until mixed together.
- Scoop onto a lined parchment paper. TIP: put hot tap water into a cup and place your scoop into the water every few times you scoop the dough. This will help the scoop by cleaning it and making it easier for the dough to come out.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
TIPS: I like to use Mexican Vanilla in all of my baking! For this recipe, I like to use half Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa and half Genie's Dream Cocoa No 3 Dark Blend. Feel free to add in any additional ingredients! For example: Chocolate Chips, Sprinkles, M&Ms or Nuts!
Expresso Chocolate Cookies
Add in 2 tablespoons of instant expresso powder in with your dry ingredients. Sprinkle sea salt on top of each cookie before baking.